Assessing catering contractors - can you help at the tender stage?
Yes - a technical evaluation can be completed on each company to assess food safety management systems prior to awarding a catering contract.
● Working with contract holders, supply chain management and HSE staff
● A technical evaluation is often performed to assess food safety management systems prior to to a commercial evaluation.
● The objective is to assess if each company in the tender process has the appropriate food safety systems.
● Minimises the risk of food safety incidents occurring after the contract has been awarded
● Food safety requirements and objectives can be part of the tender document and contract.
● The technical evaluation can be considered with the commercial / cost evaluation.
● The technical evaluation may also involve food safety audits of catering premises.