Food safety expertise - how can this help?
A Food Technologist / Food Safety Advisor has expertise in a number of different subjects including good catering practice, food manufacturing, food preservation, food legislation, GMP, HACCP and food safety systems, food microbiology, nutrition & food science, food processing & engineering and product development,.
Specific food safety expertise can complement and enhance the expertise of medical, occupational health & HSE staff for a wide range of food related activities including:
● Planning, review, development and implementation of food safety management programs for HSE projects and operations.
● Food Safety audits of offshore and onshore based catering operations.
● Certificated Food Safety, HACCP and audit training of HSSE, Health Advisors and catering staff.
● Food safety and catering input for supply chain management prior to awarding a catering contract.
● Mobilisation of caterers into projects and operations to ensure all food safety systems have been implemented.
● Investigation of food safety incidents.
● Design and upgrading of catering facilities.
● Implementation of food safety programs / Haccp into catering operations.
Professional Member of the Institute of Food Science and Technology (MIFST), approved Haccp and Food Safety Trainer for the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health and Lead Tutor on ISO 22000 courses.