Food Safety Technical Support, Audits & Training for Oil and Gas Operators, Contractors & Caterers
  • What is the difference between the CIEH / RSPH / HABC?

    Until recently nothing. They all had equal status and have to meet the same requirements for courses and have to use the same core syllabus for a specific qualification. However, the examination format can be different for the same qualification.

    The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) is a registered charity and the professional voice for environmental health.  It sets standards, accredits its own courses qualifications for the education of members and other environmental health practitioners. In Scotland, REHIS (The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland) is the professional body and offers similar qualifications.

    The RSPH is an independent charity formed in October 2008 with the merger of the Royal Society of Health (RSH) and the Royal Institute of Public Health (RIPH). Almost 100,000 people take their qualification each year in subjects such as food hygiene, health and safety and health improvements.

    HABC is the fastest growing Awarding Body in the UK.  They are recognised by Ofqual, DCELLS, CCEA and SQA to award accredited Food Safety, Health and Safety, HACCP, First Aid, Licensing, Security, Fire Safety and Teaching qualifications in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. BACK